62nd UK Coach Rally
The UK Coach Rally welcomes all sections of the coaching industry gathering together for a series of exhibitions and awards including Coach of the Year and Coach Driver of the Year. The two-day rally held on the Sea Front Promenade at Blackpool, attracting the elite who striving to win the accolades & silverware that carry industry wide recognition.
When Sharpes of Nottingham decided to enter the 62nd UK Coach Rally, it wasn't a decision that was taken lightly when entering our 1986 Volvo B10M Van hool Alizee. This coach has undergone an extensive restoration programme, which has taken over 3 years to complete.
Sharpes were successful in winning two awards and trophies in the following classes.
- Rita Dalziel Trophy - (Top coach 25 years or older)
- The Bernie Porton Memorial Trophy - (Coach of the Year as voted by the The Coach Drivers)
Sharpes of Nottingham win again at the SHOWBUS international 2016, receiving the following awards.
- Doyen Singledeck - AEC Reliance Plaxton Panorama Elite VWA290L
- Doyen Doubledeck - London Transport AEC Regent III RT3902
- Best 1960-69 - AEC Routemaster RM291
- Best coach post 2009 - Van Hool TX27 Astromega