To comply with the LEZ standards, when entering the zone, coaches must meet as a minimum the Euro IV standard by January 2012.
In order to reduce pollution in London, all coaches operating in the London Low Emission Zone (LEZ), which is the area inside the M25, must meet new regulations governing particle exhaust emissions set by Transport for London (TfL). At Sharpes of Nottingham we are committed to help reduce our Emissions and Carbon Footprint. As a part of this commitment, we have just completed an extensive fleet upgrade which involves the installation of Eminox CRT particulate filters. The CRT® system is a closed diesel particulate filter which reduces particulate matter by more than 90% as well as reducing hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide.
As a minimum, all our Tour Coaches meet the Euro IV emissions, with our latest coach a Van hool EX16H powered by a DAF Euro VI engine. A Vehicle Tracking System has also been fitted to all vehicles. Provided by Fleetmatics, this allows us to:
• Real time tracking, providing driver information, location, and speed.
• Monitor any unnecessary Idling of any coach.
• Maximising the utilisation of our vehicles, reducing mileage with deployment of the nearest vehicles,
• Route optimisation, reducing unnecessary driving
• Generates fleet reports, showing any improper fuel use
The objective is to operate and maintain a Greener Fleet of Coaches.